The Granville Historical Society has announced its fall programs of lectures, dinners, and more. All the details can be found in our most recent issue of Modern Times, but here’s the lineup:
- Sep. 17, 7 p.m.: Lecture by Professor Tom Gallant on the history of schools in Granville Township.
- Late September - Mid-November: fundraising raffle to win a painting by local artist Jay Young.
- Nov. 18, evening: Traditional Fall Banquet in the Amelia Room at Kendal.
- Dec. 6, 1 - 9 p.m.: Candlelight Walking Tour. The museum will host a number of artists and craftspeople selling a terrific collection of items.
- Dec. 7, 3:30: Celebration of Welsh poet and writer Dylan Thomas’s centenary at the Davis Shai house. We will serve tea and show the film of Thomas’ A Child’s Christmas in Wales.